Whether you’re just getting into business and need a reliable landline, or ditching your traditional phone system for a VoIP solution, we are here to help. BusinessPhones.org is one the largest and most dedicated resources for business phone systems reviews and advice. Our team advises businesses of any size and helps them save money while finding the best fit for their operation.
We know that finding the perfect phone system can be a challenge to business owners. That’s why we review nearly any phone system provider out there, whether it is a large-scale company like RingCentral and Nextiva, or a smaller outfit like Jive. When choosing a phone system, you want to ensure the hardware is easy to use and has the features you’re looking for, such as voicemail, auto attendant, call forwarding, headset-compatible, multi-line compatibility, and more.
How We Review Business Phone Providers
As our mission is to help hundreds of thousands of business owners find a phone system, we want to make sure you’re making the right choice. By comparing different providers, we provide you with in-depth reviews that cover aspects like features, pricing, and even the drawbacks of each provider. We evaluate providers based on real user experience and ratings. We try to validate the authenticity and credibility of the reviews we collect.
Based on our experience in the industry, we figure these seven elements are the most crucial when choosing a phone system:
- System Design: Every business is different and for that reason, they have very different needs. The right business phone system must offer a completely customizable configuration and functionality.
- Seamless Installation: Did you ever hear the saying time is money? Well, in business it is most important to have as little downtime as possible. This is especially true when technology like phone systems are being installed. Your phones are the first lifeline of your business.
- System Support: Since you may be running a business that works at odd hours, make sure you get a provider that offers 24/7 system support. At times, general system maintenance and updates may be required for your phones. Do not overlook this as you will need your provider’s support one day.
- Training: If you have a complex business phone system with multiple lines, chances are you’ll need to learn how to use your phone and teach your employees. Since the user manual won’t simply teach you all of your system’s functionalities in one session, chances are you’ll need to be in contact with your provider. Having a chat with a rep from your chosen provider to walk you through the basics and more is crucial.
- Reliability: You may want to look into a feature called Network redundancy when getting a phone system. If you get a hosted phone deployment, your phone can be automatically switched to back-up systems if an outage occurs. This provides a seamless and painless experience for you and your clients.
- Voice Quality: VoIP phone systems can experience quality issues if network congestion takes place. Ask your provider about their traffic flow and what they can do to protect you from dropped or bad quality calls.
- Customer Care: Once your phone system is up and running, it’s imperative for business owners to know that they can trust someone from their carrier. Whether you need to get additional phones or make customizations you are not familiar with, you’ll want to deal with a friendly and experienced team. Read plenty of reviews for each provider to get yourself familiar with their process.